Abacus Classes and Much More with Winaum Learning
Are you searching for Abacus Classes near me? , we will help you find it here. Abacus helps develop mental math in children. However the course of abacus takes 3-4 years to develop mental maths skills. Hence Vedic Maths which is much easier to understand and course with 8 months duration is widely preferred by parents for their kids.
Comparing Maplemaths with Abacus
What is the duration of the program?
The MapleMaths program is near about 8 months course duration and caters to students in every grade from Class 2 through 10. Each Maplemaths student attends two 1-hour sessions a week. But, the program would move as per the learning ability of the child.
Does Maplemaths provide any assessments to the students?
Yes, periodic assessments are part of the program. Before joining the program, the child undergoes an assessment which helps the teacher understands the student’s current maths ability and areas of improvement. As per the approach guided in the curriculum, the child’s ability is re-assessed every three months which gives a clear progress chart of the child. Thereby with feedback from the parents , the teacher and parents work together for a common goal of student’s maths development.
How many students are there in a Maplemaths session?
There are at most 8 students in a group. It is our endeavour to make sure that every student is given personal attention.
How is Maplemaths different from home based tuitions?
We wish to highlight that Maplemaths is no tuition. Instead, it is an (after-school) math-learning program. As a result, home-based tuitions focus primarily on the school syllabus and preparing students for their tests and exams. Maplemaths is a maths skill program.
What is the Maplemaths curriculum?
Maplemaths curriculum in Junior Program includes the school methods of calculation, sharing the time -saving techniques and using activities with games for encouraging their interest, along with basic word problems.
The senior program curriculum is majorly focused with higher level speed calculation techniques, thereby contributing them save their time in attempting questions.
What are the benefits of Maple Maths?
- Maple Maths is simpler yet more interesting than regular Math.
- Maple Maths enriches knowledge and understanding of Maths.
- Senior Maple Maths methods come as a boon for all competitive exams (such as Management, Banking, Engineering etc. as mathematic problems can be solved with amazing accuracy and speed.
- Maple Maths being a most natural way of working, can be learnt and mastered with ease and in a very short time.
- Maple Maths system also provides a set of independent cross-checking methods.
- The element of choice and flexibility develops clarity of mind and intuition.
- Leads to improvement in mental ability, sharpness, creativity and intelligence.
- Problems are reduced to one-line answers.
- Reduces dependence on calculators.
- Maple Math is complementary to regular Math taught in schools.
- Students learning Maple Math excel at school.
- It Builds Conceptual Understanding.
- Develops Fluency Through Games.
- Meaningful situations – for the application of mathematical skills are created by games
- Motivation – children freely choose to participate and enjoy playing.
- Positive attitude – Games provide opportunities for building self-concept and developing positive attitudes towards mathematics, through reducing the fear of failure and error.
- Increased learning – in comparison to more formal activities, greater learning can occur through games due to the increased interaction between children, opportunities to test intuitive ideas and problem solving strategies.
- Different levels – Games can allow children to operate at different levels of thinking and to learn from each other. In a group of children playing a game, one child might be encountering a concept for the first time, another may be developing his/her understanding of the concept, consolidating previously learned concepts.
- Assessment – children’s thinking often becomes apparent through the actions and decisions they make during a game and through written assessments, so the teacher has the opportunity to carry out diagnosis and assessment of learning in a non-threatening situation.
- Home and school – Games provide ‘hands-on’ interactive tasks for both school and home.
How is the program different from abacus as both develop mental maths?
Just like when you searched for the abacus classes near me, you find several centers for developing mental maths with the abacus tool. Here in the maplemaths in the initial levels we use abacus just for understanding numbers and then using vedic maths techniques along with maths activities we develop mental maths skills of kids.
How can Winaum Learning help to find abacus class near me?
Winaum Learning has several centers in different places where parents when searching for abacus classes near me on the internet, can find our classes by signing up and our team shall assist in booking your offline or online meeting.
Mental Maths Class Wise
Find Mental Maths Classes in Your Area
Book a Free Trial
Mental Maths Course Structure
Vedic Math Syllabus for Grade 6-9
- What is Vedic Maths?
- How to train your self as teachers in Vedic Maths
- Join Vedic Maths Classes Online
- Father of Vedic Maths
- Difference between Vedic Maths and Abacus
- Shakuntala Devi Contribution to Maths
- How to become a Maths Wizard
- Importance of Maths and Calculations
- Tips for Success in Maths Exams
- Understanding Number and Names
- Vedic Maths-Wikipedia